Can you make a child laugh within minutes of meeting them? Do you fill a parent with confidence that their child is safe with you? Then Mynder is the place for you. All the details about how to apply are below. Submit your application via our app (download here).
To register with us you need to have:
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current first aid qualifications
- Be 18 years or older
- Experience working with children e.g. babysitting, child care centres, teaching
- 2+ fantastic and recent references
Your Services & Pay
So we can make the right match, you’ll be asked a few extra questions like whether you’re happy to do light housework for an extra $5/hour (check out all the details in our FAQs), the ages of children you’d like to babysit, where you can work and when you’re available.
Mynder + (Qualified Mynder): Pay is $28 per hour.
Mynder: Pay is $23 per hour.
Our application process is extremely thorough because we want to provide the highest quality babysitters for our families. This is the screening process our Mynders go through:
- Review of application lodged via Mynder app
- Personal interview with our professional childcare recruiter and Mynder’s founder
- Verification of Working with Children Check, First Aid qualifications, other qualifications and ID check
- Contacting a minimum of two referees
- A Police Check is the final stage
More details about this process can be found here.
If the interview goes well, Mynders will be asked to make a short video to display on your profile. It helps ease any worries from families and it’s a great way for you to sell yourself as a fantastic potential babysitter. Keep it short and sweet though - a maximum of 30 seconds!
- Keep the light in front of your face
- Don’t have any distractions in the shot, just you
- Plan and rehearse what you are going to say
- Smile and look straight at the camera